GoldenPass Line Rail Holiday
From Zurich to Geneva, across the Alps...
This attractive route with breath-taking panoramic views takes you from Central Switzerland to Lake Geneva. Your journey starts in the historic Lucerne region on to the beautiful alpine scenery of the Bernese Oberland. Past green meadows, crystal clear lakes and typical chalet style mountain villages you will reach the famous holiday resort of Gstaad. From here, you travel over the 'Golden Pass' before the journey takes you down to the idyllic shores of Lake Geneva with its beautiful terraced vineyards.
Stopping at: Zurich, Lucerne, Interlaken, Zweisemmen & Montraux, Geneva
Price from £949*
*Lead in price is based on two people sharing a twin room.
|Day 1 - Zurich||Fly from London to Zurich for your onward journey to Lucerne by train.|
|Day 2 - Lucerne||The beautiful city of Lucerne offers a stunning lakeside location and mountain scenery with a diverse choice of attractions and activities. Its famous landmark, the medieval Chapel Bridge, is considered to be one of the oldest covered wooden bridges in Europe. Lucerne's medieval old town, a cobble-stoned pedestrian zone, offers great shopping as well as many restaurants and bars. Walk through Lucerne's small alleyways and squares, dominated by historical buildings, fountains and churches.|
|Day 3 - Interlaken||After leaving Lucerne in the morning, the train takes you past several lakes before climbing up the high pastures of the Brünig Pass. You will pass mountain villages and travel along Lake Brienz before arriving at your next stop, Interlaken, known as the gateway to the Bernese Oberland. Spend the day in this popular resort with the snow-capped peaks of the Jungfrau, Mönch and Eiger mountains serving as a perfect backdrop.|
|Day 4 - Zweisimmen & Montreux||After leaving Interlaken, the train line runs along Lake Thun before heading into the mountains. After passing through a narrow gorge, the journey continues through the Simmen Valley before stopping at Zweisimmen where you will change trains. After a short stop, you will head towards the chalet-style village of Gstaad, a popular resort for the rich and famous. The train then continues to Saanen and Chateau-d'Oeux before descending through a tunnel. Shortly after emerging from the tunnel, the fabulous view opens up onto Lake Geneva before arriving at your final destination, Montreux.|
|Day 5 - Geneva||Rail transfer from Montreux to Geneva Airport.|
- Visit the beautiful city of Lucerne, offering a stunnings lakeside locations, mountain scenery and a medieval Old Town
- Climb the high pastures of the Brunig Pass
- Spend the day in the 'gateway to the Bernese Oberland', Interlaken, amidst the backdrop of the mighty Jungfrau Mountain
- Air Travel from London Heathrow to Zurich/Geneva with Swissair
- 2nd class rail travel: Zurich Airport - Lucerne - Montreux - Geneva Airport
- 2nd class single rail ticket for the GoldenPass Line including seat reservation
- 2 nights in the Ambassador Hotel in Lucerne
- 1 night in the Rossli Hotel in Interlaken
- 1 night in the Hotel Villa Toscane in Montreux
- Bed & Breakfast basis at all hotels
- Other meals
- All other personal charges