It’s easy to forget that Germany can offer seaside destinations and, whilst they may be situated on the sometimes brisk Baltic coast, they can still provide some fun in the sun during the warmer months. Rostock and its sandy neighbour of Warnemünde present the perfect chance to spend some time in the city before venturing further north to relax by the ocean.
Whilst heavy damage during WWII means that Rostock is not exactly a picture-postcard city to look at, its time as part of the Hanseatic League means that there are still plenty of historical sights to discover and charming districts to explore – not least the splendid city walls and commanding Tower of the Petrikirche.
When the sun shines, though, locals and tourists head for Warnemünde and one of the best beaches in the area. The bright colours of the enclosed seats known as Strandkorb contrast beautifully with the white sand and the peaceful Alter Strom provides the perfect introduction with a promenade of shops, restaurants and cafés.
Day 1 - Depart UK - Hamburg - Warnemunde
Day 2-5 - Warnemunde
Saint Mary’s Church, Rostock – The only church to escape unscathed from the war, this Gothic structure is home to an intricate astronomical clock and an elaborate organ.
• Rostock Zoo – As well as the animals, the zoo also has a museum area with looks back at previous time periods on earth. The recently opened Polarium has given the polar bears and penguins a shiny new home.
• Steintor – This elaborate former city gate features Rostock’s emblem and is built in Dutch Renaissance style.
• Warnemünde Lighthouse – Climb the spiral staircase inside this beautiful lighthouse for fantastic views over the port and out to sea.
• Alter Strom, Warnemünde – After relaxing on the beach, stroll along this picturesque canal for a casual bite to eat.
Day 6 - Warnemunde - Hamburg - Arrive UK
- Return flights from the UK
- Return rail travel from Hamburg to Warnemunde
- Daily breakfast
- 4-star accommodation
What's NOT Included
- Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement.
*LEAD IN PRICES ARE BASED ON THE BELOW DATES OF TRAVEL. DON'T forget we can tailor your departure to your chosen date and departure point.
CALL 0800 988 3369 or enquire below to find out more.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
© Fred. Olsen Travel.
Registered in England and Wales No. 02287241. Olympus House, 2 Olympus Close, Ipswich, IP1 5LN
Bonded by the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and by the Civil Aviation Authority's Air Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme, you can look forward to your next adventure with the peace of mind that your money is financially protected in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Reasons to book with us... Financial protection afforded by our ABTA and ATOL industry bonding, giving you complete peace of mind.
Dedicated team of experienced travel advisors waiting to tailor your holiday to your personal requirements.
We can arrange all of your car hire, airport lounges and much more to make your holiday as easy as possible.