Stockholm Suggested Break
It’s easy to compare Stockholm to other Scandinavian capitals, there is an unmistakable cool vibe that emanates from them all, but a rather more surprising comparison is with the city of Milan. Just like in northern Italy, being stylish is a way of life here – you’re just more likely to see it expressed as a functional piece of furniture than a must-have outfit. Plus, whilst the Milanese enjoy an afternoon aperitivo, the Swedes settle down for coffee and a catch up, in the form of ‘fika’.
This forward-thinking city with a focus on sustainability also has windows to the past, the biggest of which is found at its core – Gamla Stan. The Old Town delights with palaces, cathedrals and forts that are all knitted together by a series of bridges and excellent public transport. And, the waterways all around grant easy access to the further reaches of Stockholm where interesting museums, galleries and nature spots await.
Day 1 - Depart UK - Stockholm
Day 2-3 - Stockholm
• Royal Palace – The splendid palace is worth looking around but don’t miss the 40-minute changing of the guard ceremony that takes place every day in the summer.
• Skansen – The oldest outdoor museum in the world invites you to step back in time to learn about Sweden’s roots.
• Hornstull Marknad Food Trucks – Stockholm is a culinary capital and the best place to try some of the trendier morsels in town is at this waterfront filled with food trucks.
• Djurgården – A trip to this garden island will take you away from the busy city centre and into a world of peaceful nature. It’s also where you’ll find the Vasa and ABBA museums.
• Fotografiska Museet – The collection of photographs on display here will leave you in awe, as will the cake in the attached cafe.
Day 4 - Stockholm - Arrive UK
- ATOL Protected & ABTA Bonded
- Return flights from the UK
- Private overseas transfers
- 3-star accommodation
What's NOT Included
- Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement.
*LEAD IN PRICES ARE BASED ON THE BELOW DATES OF TRAVEL. DON'T forget we can tailor your departure to your chosen date and departure point.
CALL 0800 988 3369 or enquire below to find out more.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
© Fred. Olsen Travel.
Registered in England and Wales No. 02287241. Olympus House, 2 Olympus Close, Ipswich, IP1 5LN
Bonded by the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and by the Civil Aviation Authority's Air Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme, you can look forward to your next adventure with the peace of mind that your money is financially protected in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Reasons to book with us... Financial protection afforded by our ABTA and ATOL industry bonding, giving you complete peace of mind.
Dedicated team of experienced travel advisors waiting to tailor your holiday to your personal requirements.
We can arrange all of your car hire, airport lounges and much more to make your holiday as easy as possible.