Salzburg moves to the rhythm of two distinctly different musical influences. As the birthplace of Mozart, it pays homage to one of the most talented composers the world has ever seen in a number of different ways, including a sweet treat known as Mozartkugel. The other melodious marvel with a connection to Salzburg is the award-winning musical ‘The Sound of Music’. Various tours along these cobbled streets will take you to many of the filming locations before you sit down for tea (a drink with jam and bread) in one of the traditional coffee houses. With multiple palaces and the striking Hohensalzburg Fortress perched high above the medieval streets, Salzburg is just as resplendent as Vienna. These imperial buildings, along with the lavish town houses, were built thanks to a wealth created by the roaring salt trade. A stroll along the Salzach River will take you away from the narrow alleys but to an equally romantic backdrop.
Day 1 - Depart UK - Salzburg
Day 2-3 - Salzburg
• Hohensalzburg Castle – This commanding fortress was never conquered by any enemy. It has served as a prison and army camp over the years but now hosts three interesting museums.
• Salzburg Cathedral – The turquoise domes of the cathedral are an iconic image of the city and the building displays Salzburg’s wealth during the 1600s. • Mozart’s Birthplace – Born here on January 7th, 1756, Mozart lived at this residence until he was 17. The museum inside details the work he did in his early years. • Salzburg Festival – Held for five weeks every summer, this famous music event showcases opera, drama and orchestral performances. • The Sound of Music Tour – If you love this musical masterpiece, there are plenty of tours available that will take you to some of the filming locations.
Day 4 - Salzburg - Arrive UK
- ATOL Protected & ABTA Bonded
- Return flights from the UK
- Private overseas transfers
- Daily breakfast
- 4-star accommodation
What's NOT Included
- Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement.
- Personal expenses
*LEAD IN PRICES ARE BASED ON THE BELOW DATES OF TRAVEL. DON'T forget we can tailor your departure to your chosen date and departure point.
CALL 0800 988 3369 or enquire below to find out more.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
© Fred. Olsen Travel.
Registered in England and Wales No. 02287241. Olympus House, 2 Olympus Close, Ipswich, IP1 5LN
Bonded by the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and by the Civil Aviation Authority's Air Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme, you can look forward to your next adventure with the peace of mind that your money is financially protected in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Reasons to book with us... Financial protection afforded by our ABTA and ATOL industry bonding, giving you complete peace of mind.
Dedicated team of experienced travel advisors waiting to tailor your holiday to your personal requirements.
We can arrange all of your car hire, airport lounges and much more to make your holiday as easy as possible.