Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber Suggested Break
Of all the medieval towns and cities dotted around Germany, Rothenburg ob der Tauber is largely considered to be the most charming. Half-timbered houses line the cobbled streets, city walls still stand almost entirely intact and there’s a fairytale ambiance around every corner you turn. The ‘ob der Tauber’ part of the city’s name refers to the fact that it stands high above the river Tauber, a position that places it in the middle of two historic trade routes.
Another name given to this gem is ‘The Christmas Town’. This is due to the fact that it hosts one of the oldest Christmas markets in Germany and also offers year-round Yuletide at the Käthe Wohlfahrt shop and the Christmas Museum.
Price is based on two adults sharing a room departing London Stansted on 1st November 2019.
Day 1 - Depart UK - Nuremberg - Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Day 2-4 - Rothenburg ob der Tauber
• City Walls – Travel back in time and explore the well-preserved city walls. There are also 42 towers to see along the way.
• St. Jakob’s Church – Inside this stunning church, you’ll fi nd the wooden Altar of the Holy Blood, carved to represent the Last Supper. There’s also a breathtaking 700-year-old stained glass window.
• Medieval Crime Museum – Look back on 100 years of heavy-handed punishment, including the gory details of how torture devices were used to bring about confessions.
• Plönlein – This little square is the perfect spot to capture a quintessential picture of Rothenburg.
• Night Watchman Tour – Be led around the town by the mysterious night watchman. He’ll share stories of the town’s past and a few gruesome tales.
Day 5 - Rothenburg ob der Tauber - Nuremberg - Arrive UK
- ATOL Protected & ABTA Bonded
- Return flights from the UK
- Return rail travel from Nuremberg to Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Daily breakfast
- 3-star accommodation
What's NOT Included
- Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement.
- Personal expenses
*LEAD IN PRICES ARE BASED ON THE BELOW DATES OF TRAVEL. DON'T forget we can tailor your departure to your chosen date and departure point.
CALL 0800 988 3369 or enquire below to find out more.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
© Fred. Olsen Travel.
Registered in England and Wales No. 02287241. Olympus House, 2 Olympus Close, Ipswich, IP1 5LN
Bonded by the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and by the Civil Aviation Authority's Air Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme, you can look forward to your next adventure with the peace of mind that your money is financially protected in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Reasons to book with us... Financial protection afforded by our ABTA and ATOL industry bonding, giving you complete peace of mind.
Dedicated team of experienced travel advisors waiting to tailor your holiday to your personal requirements.
We can arrange all of your car hire, airport lounges and much more to make your holiday as easy as possible.