Situated perfectly at the confluence of the Rhone and Saône, and used regularly as a gateway to Provence further south, Lyon takes its rightful place at the head of France’s table. Food dominates everyday life here, offering the chance to grab ingredients from street markets, go all out in one of 16 Michelin-starred restaurants, or enjoy a casual lunch at a traditional bouchon.
Suitably refuelled, you can take a romantic stroll through Vieux Lyon to admire the Renaissance buildings in the country’s first culturally protected district. Any time left can be spent shopping or relaxing in France’s largest urban park.
Price is based on two adults sharing a room departing London Luton on 8th October 2019.
Day 1 - Depart UK - Lyon
Day 2-3 - Lyon
• Fourvière Basilica, Lyon – Known affectionately as the ‘upside down elephant’ and positioned high above the city on a hill, this church has an ornate ceiling and offers spectacular views from its north tower.
• Parc de la Tête d’Or, Lyon – The largest urban park in France is home to a beautiful rose garden, the zoo and the botanical gardens.
• Cafe des Federations, Lyon – Eating local food in one of the rustic bouchons is an absolute must whilst in Lyon and this is one of the most popular.
Day 4 - Lyon - Arrive UK
- ATOL Protected & ABTA Bonded
- Return flights from the UK
- Private overseas transfers
- Daily breakfast
- 3-star accommodation
What's NOT Included
- Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement.
*LEAD IN PRICES ARE BASED ON THE BELOW DATES OF TRAVEL. DON'T forget we can tailor your departure to your chosen date and departure point.
CALL 0800 988 3369 or enquire below to find out more.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
© Fred. Olsen Travel.
Registered in England and Wales No. 02287241. Olympus House, 2 Olympus Close, Ipswich, IP1 5LN
Bonded by the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and by the Civil Aviation Authority's Air Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme, you can look forward to your next adventure with the peace of mind that your money is financially protected in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Reasons to book with us... Financial protection afforded by our ABTA and ATOL industry bonding, giving you complete peace of mind.
Dedicated team of experienced travel advisors waiting to tailor your holiday to your personal requirements.
We can arrange all of your car hire, airport lounges and much more to make your holiday as easy as possible.