Often referred to as Germany’s green heart, Thuringia is home to large areas of forest where slow travel was championed long before it become trendy in the 21st century. However, this nickname skims over the fact that such a small state is littered with cultural hotspots that have all seen influential figures drift through and leave their mark. It really is interesting to see so many art, literature and musical roots in such a relatively small region. Whilst much of the state is worth your time if you have it to spare, the leading lights are Erfurt and Weimar. The former, the state capital, is a beautiful medieval town bearing the legacy of Martin Luther and the reformation, whilst the latter was once Goethe’s playground and a focal point for the German Enlightenment.
Day 1 - Depart UK - Nuremberg - Erfurt
Day 2-4 - Erfurt
• Goethe House, Weimar – The great poet lived here for 50 years. His former home now holds a museum displaying sketches, set designs and books from his study.
• Bauhaus Museum, Weimar – The Bauhaus is a famous German art school that celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2019. Expect special exhibitions at this small museum.
Day 5 - Erfurt - Nuremberg - Arrive UK
- ATOL Protected & ABTA Bonded
- Return flights from the UK
- Return rail travel from Nuremberg Central Station to Erfurt Central Station
- 4-star accommodation
What's NOT Included
- Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement.
*LEAD IN PRICES ARE BASED ON THE BELOW DATES OF TRAVEL. DON'T forget we can tailor your departure to your chosen date and departure point.
CALL 0800 988 3369 or enquire below to find out more.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
© Fred. Olsen Travel.
Registered in England and Wales No. 02287241. Olympus House, 2 Olympus Close, Ipswich, IP1 5LN
Bonded by the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and by the Civil Aviation Authority's Air Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme, you can look forward to your next adventure with the peace of mind that your money is financially protected in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Reasons to book with us... Financial protection afforded by our ABTA and ATOL industry bonding, giving you complete peace of mind.
Dedicated team of experienced travel advisors waiting to tailor your holiday to your personal requirements.
We can arrange all of your car hire, airport lounges and much more to make your holiday as easy as possible.