Berlin is not just the capital of Germany but the cool capital of Europe – a place that sets trends and truly has something for everyone. Stylish Kreuzburg is the ideal place for an upmarket meal, Charlottenburg offers the chance to shop ‘til you drop and there’s a plethora of art to be found on the streets and in the galleries of Friedrichshain. There’s no escaping the city’s past, but the remnants that do remain deal with this subject respectfully. Sure, you can appreciate important sights such as the Brandenburg Gate and Checkpoint Charlie but these now represent how Berlin has changed for the better and not the reasons for which it was once divided. One of the great things about a city of this size is that there is always something happening, no matter what time of the year you visit. That could be a spring music festival, a New Year’s firework display or the annual Long Night of the Museums, where some of the most interesting cultural attractions stay open into the early hours, but the point is that you’ll never run out of things to see and do. However, if you do manage to exhaust the fantastic museums, brilliant art galleries and world-renowned monuments, a trip to nearby Potsdam will open up a palatial paradise with yet more activities to keep you busy.
Day 1 - Depart UK - Berlin
Day 2-3 - Berlin
• Reichstag – The seat of the German government is an instantly recognisable building. You can climb to the top of its dome for free after booking a time slot.
• Museum Island – There are so many museums in Berlin but many of the must-see attractions are located on this island. It’s also where you’ll find the beautiful Berlin Cathedral – which isn’t actually a cathedral. • Checkpoint Charlie – This guardhouse still stands in the middle of the road where East and West Germany were once separated. • Charlottenburg Palace – This stunning palace may be on the outskirts of the city but it is easily reached via Berlin’s metro system. Its splendid appearance was modelled on Versailles. • Tempelhofer Feld – Formerly Tempelhof Airport, the space has been reborn as one of the largest urban parks in Europe. It’s a prime spot for picnics and joggers.
Day 4 - Berlin - Arrive UK
- ATOL Protected & ABTA Bonded
- Return flights from the UK
- Four-day Berlin Welcome Card
- 4-star accommodation
What's NOT Included
- Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement.
- Personal expenses
*LEAD IN PRICES ARE BASED ON THE BELOW DATES OF TRAVEL. DON'T forget we can tailor your departure to your chosen date and departure point.
CALL 0800 988 3369 or enquire below to find out more.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
© Fred. Olsen Travel.
Registered in England and Wales No. 02287241. Olympus House, 2 Olympus Close, Ipswich, IP1 5LN
Bonded by the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and by the Civil Aviation Authority's Air Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme, you can look forward to your next adventure with the peace of mind that your money is financially protected in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Reasons to book with us... Financial protection afforded by our ABTA and ATOL industry bonding, giving you complete peace of mind.
Dedicated team of experienced travel advisors waiting to tailor your holiday to your personal requirements.
We can arrange all of your car hire, airport lounges and much more to make your holiday as easy as possible.