Baden-Baden Suggested Break
Things have changed a lot here since the celebrities and aristocrats of the 1800s would make Baden-Baden their destination for a summer full of bathing, betting and being entertained at the races. However, that doesn’t mean this is any less of a fantastic city to discover. Still famous for the natural waters which flow through a number of different spas, this destination on the edge of the Black Forest is now a centre of culture and beauty. Gardens and waterside walks (see Lichtentaler Allee below) increase the romance and mean there is always somewhere peaceful and calming to wander. Museums and performing art venues offer the chance for a night at the opera or an afternoon at an open-air music event, whilst a host of elaborate buildings provide a window into the lavish past. None more so than the colonnaded casino that still attracts the rich and famous today.Price is based on two adults sharing a room departing London Stansted on 4th June 2019.
Day 1 - Depart UK - Baden-Baden
Day 2-4 - Baden-Baden
• Festival Hall Baden-Baden – With space for 2,500 visitors, this is the largest opera house in Germany.
• Lichtentaler Allee – Stroll alongside the River Oos, crossing over bridges and taking in the fresh scent of multi-coloured blooms. • Friedrichsbad Spa – Bathe beneath curative waters underneath stunning frescoes in a spa that first opened in 1877. • Roman Bath Ruins – Once you’ve relaxed in the modern day spa, take a look at where it all started. These ruins lie underneath Friedrichsbad and were once used by Roman soldiers. • City Museum Baden-Baden – Take a deeper look into the past as you study Roman artifacts, artworks and monuments.
Day 5 - Baden-Baden - Arrive UK
- Return flights from the UK
- Private overseas transfers
- Daily breakfast
- 3-star accommodation
What's NOT Included
- Single rooms are subject to availability at the relevant supplement.
- All personal expenses
*LEAD IN PRICES ARE BASED ON THE BELOW DATES OF TRAVEL. DON'T forget we can tailor your departure to your chosen date and departure point.
CALL 0800 988 3369 or enquire below to find out more.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
© Fred. Olsen Travel.
Registered in England and Wales No. 02287241. Olympus House, 2 Olympus Close, Ipswich, IP1 5LN
Bonded by the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and by the Civil Aviation Authority's Air Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme, you can look forward to your next adventure with the peace of mind that your money is financially protected in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Reasons to book with us... Financial protection afforded by our ABTA and ATOL industry bonding, giving you complete peace of mind.
Dedicated team of experienced travel advisors waiting to tailor your holiday to your personal requirements.
We can arrange all of your car hire, airport lounges and much more to make your holiday as easy as possible.