Welcome to Fred.\ an exciting new travel brand which provides holidays for the discerning traveller seeking an unforgettable holiday experience.
Fred.\ offers the best of European holidays and will tailor- make your holiday experiences to your personal requirement and budget.
Destinations » Italy » Venice Travel Guide
Venice is one of the most unique and beautiful cities in the world. Built on a lagoon with 150 canals flowing throughout the centre, Venice's romantic charm has attracted millions of tourists each year for 600 years. One unique draw to the place is that cars and motor vehicles are banned from the city centre, which makes strolling along the many vibrant streets winding along the waterfront a pleasure itself. Discover the wonderful Byzantine, Goth and Renaissance architecture and take in the impressive mixture of cultures and traditions. Come and see for yourself: Although Venice is full of popular attractions, museums and impressive buildings, the main attraction is the city itself!
Just like in almost every Italian city, you will find a wide range of designer shops, fashion brands and label clothing. The most popular area for this is Piazza San Marco, numerous more big names are on offer.
If you are looking for something more individual and less famous, you'd better head to the Campo Santo Stefano and Calle della Mandola, where you can find some excellent bargains and unique items such as clothes, shoes and handbags.
The winding street of Mercerie boasts a perfect blend of middle-market and exclusive stores.
Other than that, Venice is well known for local crafts, such as the glassware from Murano, the fine lace from Burano, or the cartapesta (papier-mâché) Carnival masks.
Venice, Italy is full of wonderful and exciting places to eat out, with a wide choice of every kind of food imaginable. The many stylish locations and enormous variety of excellent, mouth-watering menus provide nothing short of culinary perfection, often with an emphasis on fish.
Some restaurants may be closed for several weeks in the winter and also for two to three weeks during the summer, when staff are on holiday. Therefore, it may be worth checking that the restaurant is open first during these periods.
Al Covo: This family-run place is so popular because of its extraordinary welcoming and warm atmosphere, not to forget the splendid menu, including mouthwatering fresh fish and a fine selection of great wine.
The impressive wine-bar Vino Vino impresses its guests by a grand selection of local and European wines alongside delicious Venetian specialties. Enjoy your meal at one of the many rustic wooden tables, squeezed into two storefront-style rooms. Vino Vino shares its kitchen with the exclusive restaurant Antico Martini, just a few doors down, which explains the quality of the food.
Cantina do Mori: A delicious combination of fresh food, for instance thinly sliced meats, tuna, cheeses, and vegetables, along with tapas-like cicchetti make this restaurant a number one restaurant since 1462. Although there are no tables, this is a great place to socialize and get to know local Venetians, who stop by with the same intention as the visitors!
Venice is built on 117 small islands which are connected by 409 bridges. Only three of them cross the Grand Canal that dissects this city. The best known of these, and Venice's most instantly recognisable landmark, is the Rialto Bridge.
The Rialto Bridge is most likely the most famous one of the three that cross the Grand Canal in Venice. It was constructed in 1592 and still is the city's most impressive landmark, offering a stunning panorama over the Canal.
As the original St Mark's Basilica was burnt down in 976, reconstruction work began in 1063 on the Church of the 12 Apostles in Constantinople. Go and see St Mark's Treasure and take in the magnificent view over Campo San Marco.
The Venetian Gothic building 'Palazzo Ducale', which was built in the 9th century, was home to the Duke and was also Venice's political hub for centuries. Today it's Venice's most popular attraction.
Enjoy the unique ambience whilst riding a Gondola down the Grand Canal. The best is to go on a ride just before sunset and admire the irreplaceable architecture, seaside sunlight, and an impressive parade of Venetian watercraft.
Wander along the Guidecca canal while the sun is shining and discover fascinating facts about how a gondola is made at the Squero (small ship yard) and stroll further along across the canal near San Trovaso Church.
- Bauer (Deluxe)
- Bauer (Superior Suite)
- Bauer (Superior)
- Bonvecchiati (Deluxe Diamond)
- Bonvecchiati (Standard Sapphire)
- Bonvecchiati (Standard Sapphire/ Minimum 2 Nights)
- Bonvecchiati (Standard Sapphire/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Bonvecchiati (Superior Ruby)
- Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal
- Hotel Carlton On The Grand Canal (Minimum 2 Nights)
- Cavalletto & Doge Orseolo
- Cavalletto & Doge Orseolo (Superior)
- Centurion Palace (Deluxe)
- Centurion Palace (Deluxe/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Centurion Palace (Junior Suite)
- Centurion Palace (Junior Suite/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Centurion Palace (Superior)
- Centurion Palace (Superior/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Luna Baglioni (Deluxe)
- Luna Baglioni (Deluxe/ Minimum 2 Nights)
- Luna Baglioni (Deluxe/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Luna Baglioni (Junior Suite)
- Luna Baglioni (Junior Suite/ Minimum 2 Nights)
- Luna Baglioni (Junior Suite/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Luna Baglioni (Suite/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Luna Baglioni (Superior)
- Luna Baglioni (Superior/ Minimum 2 Nights)
- Luna Baglioni (Superior/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Palazzo Sant'Angelo sul Canal Grande (Deluxe)
- Palazzo Sant'Angelo sul Canal Grande (Deluxe/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Palazzo Sant'Angelo sul Canal Grande (Junior Suite)
- Palazzo Sant'Angelo sul Canal Grande (Junior Suite/ Grand Canal View)
- Palazzo Sant'Angelo sul Canal Grande (Junior Suite/ Grand Canal View/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Palazzo Sant'Angelo sul Canal Grande (Junior Suite/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Palazzo Sant'Angelo sul Canal Grande (Standard)
- Palazzo Sant'Angelo sul Canal Grande (Standard/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Starhotels Splendid Venice
- Tre Archi
- Bauer il Palazzo (Deluxe Suite)
- Bauer il Palazzo (Deluxe With Panoramic View)
- Bauer il Palazzo (Deluxe)
- Bauer il Palazzo (Executive Suite with panoramic view)
- Bauer il Palazzo (Junior Suite With Panoramic View)
- Danieli (Deluxe Lagoon View)
- Danieli (Executive Suite)
- Danieli (Lagoon View)
- Danieli (Luxury Double)
- Danieli (Premium Deluxe)
- Danieli (Premium Deluxe/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Westin Europa & Regina (1-Bedroom Deluxe Suite)
- Westin Europa & Regina (Grand Deluxe)
- Westin Europa & Regina (Grand Deluxe/ Minimum 3 Nights)
- Westin Europa & Regina (Stunning Grand Canal View)