Southern Germany offers magical landscapes with lush rolling hills, medieval towns and picturesque castles. Travel back in time with a visit to Rothenburg ob der Tauber and tour beautiful castles such as Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Impressive mountains and magnificent lakes make this an unforgettable romantic travel experience.
- Traditional Black Forest dinner and typical regional farewell-dinner in Munich
- Visits and excursions as mentioned
- Hop on/Hop of city tour of Salzburg
- City tour of Vienna with English audio guide
- Admission to Heidelberg, Neuschwanstein and Linderhof castles
- Accommodation throughout including breakfast
- 2nd Class train tickets including seat reservation from Munich to Salzburg and from Salzburg to Vienna
- Transportation throughout the tour including overseas airport transfers
- Return flights from London - regional flights available on request
Depart London on your flight to Frankfurt, upon arrival transfer to the hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Visit the famous castle ascending with the cable car in Heidelberg and enjoy a sightseeing tour of its historic city centre. Continue to the famous Black Forest region and enjoy an authentic experience: a typical Black Forest dinner.
Today visit the cuckoo clock visitor centre and a small traditional Black Forest farm with cheese tasting or the famous “Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte” Black Forest cake. Then travel to Lake Titisee and onto the small island of Lindau in Lake Constance, offering spectacular views of the Alps. Depending on weather conditions we will take the Alpine road from Lindau to Oberstaufen and Immenstadt to our final destination Füssen.
Visit Neuschwanstein Castle, built by Ludwig II, the notorious “Mad King“. Then travel to Oberammergau, famous for its Passion Play. Along the way visit the Wieskirche Church and Linderhof Castle. After a brief stop at the Ettal Benedictine Abbey we continue to Innsbruck.
Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Innsbruck (Austria), located in the Inn valley, in the heart of the Alps and then travel to Munich.
Visit to the city’s main attractions followed by free time to explore. In the evening enjoy a traditional Bavarian dinner.
Transfer to the train station and travel by train to Salzburg (without guide). Upon arrival transfer to the hotel with the rest of the day at leisure.
Enjoy a Hop On/Hop Off city bus tour of Salzburg and explore the many sights of this wonderful city. In the afternoon travel by train to Vienna (without guide).
Today enjoy a city tour of Vienna with the afternoon free to explore at your leisure.
Transfer to the airport for your return flight to London.