Follow the course of true love along the Romantic Road on this picturesque journey through Germany, where the snow-capped Bavarian Alps provide a dramatic backdrop to half-timbered chalets and fairytale castles.
- 7 nights in boutique accommodation
- Experienced Driver and Tour Leader
- Premium mini-coach transportation
- Daily European-style breakfasts (B), 4 evening meals (D)
- Entrance included to all attractions in the itinerary, including: Weltenburg Abbey, Black Forest Railway and Neuschwanstein Castle
- Unless otherwise specified in the listed inclusions, airfares are not included in the tour price. Please contact us for flight inclusive prices
- Driver/tour leader gratuity is at your discretion.
- Lunches (unless otherwise stated), social drinks, meals on free nights, items of a personal nature and entrance fees when not listed in the schedule of inclusions.
- Occasional optional evening theatre/festival visits and entrances not detailed in the tour inclusions.
- Incidental expenses, such as room service incurred at hotels. All expenses are to be settled prior to leaving the accommodation.
- Laundry costs and any shipping charges for the return of purchases made on tour, or for the return of property lost on tour.
- Pre- and post-tour accommodation.
- Unless otherwise listed in the inclusions, transfers are not included in the tour price.
After meeting with the group in Munich, our first stop of the tour will be Regensburg. There’ll be enough time to stop for a light lunch before we move on to Weltenburg Abbey, where we’ll be treated to a tour and beer tasting session. This evening we’ll dine together at a restaurant in Bamberg. (D)
This morning we’ll take to the streets of Bamberg on a walking tour, starting with a stroll around the Old Town. Then, it’s onwards to the splendid Würzburg Residence. After taking some time to lunch in Würzburg, we’ll continue our journey along the Romantic Road, passing through pretty Weikersheim and Creglingen on our way to Rothenburg. (B)
Today we’ll venture out of Rothenburg and into Dinkelsbühl, a brightly coloured town, where we’ll have the chance to explore at our own pace. Nördlingen’s next! Here, we’ll have some free time to discover the town’s medieval walls, towers and parapet paths before we return to Rothenburg. (B,D)
We’ll leave Rothenburg behind us today and continue our journey to Ladenburg. The wine lovers among us will be in for a treat as move on to the countryside near Landau, where a vineyard tour awaits! When we’ve taken a look around, we’ll have the chance to taste some of the wine for ourselves. This afternoon, we’ll ‘press’ on to the spa town of Baden-Baden. (B)
This morning we’ll say farewell to Baden-Baden and continue on to Hausach. Here, we’ll board a train and travel the Black Forest Railway to Sankt Georgen, admiring some stunning scenery and passing through a grand total of 37 tunnels along the way. After a stop to stretch our legs in Triberg this afternoon, we’ll move on to Freiburg. (B,D)
After tucking into breakfast this morning, we’ll board the mini-coach and venture to Todtnau, a town nestled in the heart of the Black Forest. Our next stop of the day will be the verdant village of Todtmoos, where we’ll enjoy an included lunch together – although we recommend leaving a little room for dessert, as this afternoon there’s a gourmet experience to enjoy. Cake lovers, rejoice – we’re off to visit a local café to learn the history (and recipe) behind the famous Black Forest gâteau. When we’ve learnt how to make the confection like a true Black Forest local, we’ll have the chance to indulge in a sample or two. Afterwards, it’s back to Freiburg, where the evening’s yours to do as you wish. (B,L)
On the agenda this morning: a stop at the picturesque village of Bodman-Ludwigshafen, where you’ll have plenty of time to wander at your own pace. Later, we’ll take in some marvellous views of Lake Bodensee on our way to Lindau, where you’ll be free to lunch wherever you please. This evening we’ll make tracks to our final stop of the day: Pfronten, where we’ll settle down for a farewell dinner together at our hotel. (B,D)
The imposing Neuschwanstein Castle, known as the ‘castle of the fairytale king’ is our first port of call today. After looking around, we’ll move on to Oberammergau, where you’ll be free to explore at your leisure. Our tour will come to a close as we return to Munich this afternoon. (B)