One of Germany’s most well-known routes, the Romantic Road between Würzburg and Fussen, takes in picturesque medieval towns and historic Bavarian cities including Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Augsburg and Oberammergau. Exploring this region on a self-drive holiday is a fantastic way to spend your time, or if you prefer, you can take in the route via coach or rail – it’s up to you.
- In Würzburg, located on the river Main, you have the imposing
Residence Palace, beautifully restored after it was damaged
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber, with over 800 years of history,
boasts cobblestone streets, impressive parapets and proud
- Dinkelsbühl offers perfectly preserved town walls and a number
of immaculate patrician houses.
- Augsburg, founded by Roman Emperor Augustus more than
2000 years ago is Germany’s oldest city and offers great
historic buildings like the cathedral, ancient monastries and
- Oberammergau, en route to Füssen, is a traditional alpine
village situated in a beautiful valley surrounded by mountains,
meadows and forests where you can stop and admire the
typical painted houses of this region.
- Arriving in Füssen, Bavaria’s highest town, you will find yourself
at the foot of the famous Neuschwanstein Castle, built as a
personal refuge for the reclusive Bavarian king, Ludwig II.
- Return flights from London, Manchester or Birmingham
- One night 4* accommodation in Frankfurt
- Two nights 4* accommodation in Würzburg
- Two nights 4* accommodation in Rothenburg
- Two nights 4* accommodation in Augsburg
- Two nights 4* accommodation in Füssen
- One night 4* accommodation in Munich
- Hire Car for the duration of your holiday