One of Europe’s most beautiful medieval towns, Rothenburg ob der Tauber is sure to cast a spell over all who visit to admire its half-timbered houses with red-topped roofs and flowerlined window boxes. Both the ‘Romantic Road’ and ‘the Castle Road’ cross at Rothenburg and the city offers over 1000 years of history just waiting to be discovered. The town is surrounded by intact fortifications and is peppered with photogenic, narrow cobblestone streets. Also known for its wine and wellness culture, the city is sure to delight, whether you are searching for history, culture or a relaxing break.
- Rothenburg’s historic town walls are perfectly intact and are
embellished with 42 gate houses and towers including Gallows
Gate (Galgentor), Klingen Gate (Klingentor) which served as the
city’s water tower, and Marcus Tower (Markusturm) with Röder
Arch - one of the city’s most photographed landmarks.
- The Castle Gardens and Convent Gardens provide a leafy oasis
of calm; or for something a little more exotic, take a wander
through the Lotus Garden and Asian-inspired water garden on
the outskirts of the city.
- Return flights from London or Manchester
- Return flexible rail ticket from Nuremberg to Rothenburg
- Three nights 4* accommodation in Rothenburg