Experience the Steam Engine Festival 2017 in Dresden! Become a part of the festivities and enjoy the express steam locomotive on the railway turntable or during one of the numerous special train rides.
At the Dresden Steam Engine Festival, the Railway Museum, as well as the rail depot of the Dresden Transport Museum, opens their doors. In addition to those museum visits, more steam engine specialities in and around Dresden are waiting for you!
As tailor-made specialists why not extend your stay with a day excursion to the famous porcelain city of Meissen. The local porcelain factory was founded by the Saxon Elector August the Strong in 1710 and still is one of the world’s leading porcelain factories today. The Meissen porcelain belongs to the internationally best-known luxury brands Germany has to offer.
- Return flights from the UK
- Private overseas transfers
- Detailed travel documents
- 4 nights bed and breakfast in the preferred hotel category in Dresden
- 1 day ticket to the Steam Engine Festival; includes entry to the festival site (ticket is only valid according to the date stamp) as well as entry to the Dresden Transport Museum (valid for the entire duration of the event from the 07/04/ – 09/04/2017)
- Guided tour through the historic city centre of Dresden at Saturday morning
- 1 city map of Dresden per room
Your holiday includes a ticket to travel on a special steam train ride. Please choose from:
- Dresden to Zittau and back to Dresden
- Dresden to the ramp of Tharandt with parallel run and back to Dresden
- Dresden to Děčín and back to Dresden with parallel run between Dresden and Pirna
- All meals
- All other personal charges
Depart from the UK on your flight to Dresden, upon arrival transfer to a hotel for your 4-night stay.
The Steam Engine Festival opens its doors in the morning. With your admission ticket to the Dresden Steam Engine Festival, you are also free to visit the Dresden Transport Museum during your stay. The museum displays unique exhibits on the history of all modes of transportation, such as railway, local transport, road and air traffic as well as shipping.
Explore the old town of Dresden, also fondly called the "Florence on the Elbe" ("Elbflorenz"). Enjoy the beauty and charm of this city on the river Elbe and follow the footsteps of the Saxon Elector Augustus the Strong during a 1.5 hour sightseeing tour through the city. If you have chosen the special steam train ride to Decin, you will spend the afternoon "back on tracks".
Enjoy today at leisure. If you have chosen the special steam train ride to Nossen, this will take place in the afternoon.
Depart Dresden and transfer to the airport for your return flight to UK.