Lindau Lake And Mountain Holidays
The original centre of Lindau is situated on an island on the north-east shores of Lake Constance, near the Austrian border, and is connected to the mainland by two impressive causeways. The island is famous for its harbour entrance and visitors will find various historic buildings here, like the old Town Hall or St. Peter's Church, as well as a wonderful shopping street and lakeside promenade. The town exudes old-world wealth and romance with its picture-perfect views across the Alps.
- Flight time from London: 1 hour 40 min
- Friedrichshafen Airport: 20km from the city centre; transfer time about 20 min
- Currency: Euro
You can find the Alter Leuchtturm (old lighthouse) at the harbour edge of Lindau.
One of the finest historic buildings, the Altes Rathaus (old town hall), was constructed between 1422 and 1436.
This old historic building was constructed from 1241 to 1270 and is now a theatre.
Haus zum Cavazzen
This house dates to 1728 and belonged to a wealthy merchant. It is now considered one of the most beautiful houses in the Bodensee region.
Lindau has a modern and elegant casino. It is open from noon to 2 am.
Gasthaus zum Sunfzen
In the 14th century, this ancient inn was serving warm meals to the patricians, officials, merchants, and other good burghers of Lindau. It uses fresh ingredients, preferably from the region, such as fish from the lake in season.
This restaurant offers a great beer garden which has a sandbox for children as well as a screen for watching sports events.